Thursday, October 1, 2009

Rachel’s Bizzaro Summer Concert series



Even though this summer I may have been poor and pining for a job, I got to see a few shows and each of them rocked in a totally eclectic type of way.

Show # 1 No Doubt @ the Sleep train Pavilion

Flash back to 1995 just finished high school, completely boy crazy, and I liked to use Manic Panic. I think maroon was my color of choice at that time. The one CD that played so much in my budget CD player that it began to skip was Tragic Kingdom. I remember dancing around my room in my micro mini tank top singing badly at the top of my lungs, “I’m Just a Girl.” I never went to see No Doubt back then so getting the chance to see them now was a high school dream come true. The show was incredible. The live energy was contagious and the crowd was well rounded. There were a few Tweens who came for Paramore because they had that song in Twilight. Overall I had a great time with good friends and didn’t feel too old in fact I felt like I was in HS again.




No comments:

Post a Comment