Friday, June 26, 2009

The Power Of Social Media


I am obviously frighteningly aware of the power of social networking, this is the digital age but I am still in shock about yesterday's events. I found out about Michael Jackson's untimely death while on Twitter through the sage-like words of Ashton Kutcher. Even worse his reliable and credible source of the bad news came directly from TMZ. What were they doing sniffing around his trash and happened to be there when the ambulance pulled up? The big shocker was that they were actually dead on. Let me take a brief moment to absorb this information. RIP Michael Jackson you were the "King of Pop" and I still have fond memories of begging my mother to buy me that hideous red Beat It jacket. Even scarier my older brother bought a matching one. I don't remember if we even wore them or if they just hung in the hallway closet next to each other collecting dust. I was only about 6 but my brother was 10 and should have known better. Hopefully Michael will be remembered for his incredible musical talent and not the creepy "other" life he led at the Neverland Ranch.

Side note: I did a Twitter search for Michael this morning and in 55 seconds he got 1,104 hits. Congrats Mike you dusted all those Twi-hards.

Yet another side note: I became obsessed with this Michael Jackson saga and forgot about another crazy social media occurrence that happened yesterday. Shaq finding out he's been traded on Twitter.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/06/24/did-shaq-just-find-out-he-was-traded-on-twitter/


No comments:

Post a Comment